1. Single-process plate heat exchanger means that the medium flows through one pass in the heat exchanger.
2. The dual-process plate heat exchanger means that the medium flows through two passes in the heat exchanger.
3. With a multi-process plate heat exchanger, the four interfaces of the heat exchanger cannot be on the same side of the clamping plate, and the inlet and outlet must be located on the front and rear clamping plates.
Selection method and standard of plate heat exchanger pass
1.In general, when selecting pass, use one-way (full parallel) as much as possible to make it easier to disassemble and maintain the equipment during use. If multiple processes are to be used, the same number of flow channels is usually arranged in each pass.
2. In the case of symmetrical plate shape and equivalent flow of cold and hot media, it is advisable to adopt an isochronous arrangement so that the flow of the media is fully countercurrent to obtain the largest average temperature difference.
3. When the flow rate between the plates is constant, the number of flow channels depends on the flow rate.
4. When the passes of two sides are not equal, the upstream and downstream will appear alternately.
5. When the flow rate difference between the two sides is large, the side with the small flow rate should adopt multi-pass arrangement to increase the flow rate and enhance the heat exchange effect.
6. The determination of the number of flow channels is affected by the flow velocity between the plates, and the selection of the flow velocity between the plates has a certain range and is also restricted by the allowable pressure drop.